Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, May 02, 2006

    In New Music We Trust

    The more I hear of Posh Young Farmer Boy (who, sadly, is looking much less like a posh young farmer boy than he did this time last year when I coined the name) the more I like him. And, God, he feels what he's singing. And taps his feet in a rather sweet manner. He's performing at Glastonbury proper, too. If he gets properly famous - and of everyone I've seen over the past year he's the one I think might do it - I'll be able to be incredibly smug as Nik and I had what I suspect to be one of the first - if not the first - 'fan' photo taken with him. See how good our radars are?

    Distant Aggravation, 13th June 2005


    Radio 1 recently announced their One Big Weekend line-up, which incidentally is bloody amazing, and on the main stage on the Saturday is Posh Young Farmer Boy. That'll be Paolo Nutella if you're Comedy Dave and Paolo Nutini to just about everyone else. And now is the point where Corinne and I have earned the right to be smug. And scream rather loudly when Jo Whiley plays him on Radio 1 and talks about how much she rates him.

    The 'fan' photo was taken two years ago at The Bedford when Corinne and I were probably hyper.


    Then, about a year later, we saw him at Bush Hall when Riccardi supported him. And this is the point where you are all allowed to laugh at me because for some bizarre reason before this the fact that he was Scottish had completely managed to pass me by. His set was really good that day and obviously, since Corinne and I are always one for matching pictures, we had to get another picture with him.


    I do seem to remember a conversation about the fact that he was wearing the same top. We also saw him at the Marylebone Festival last year but there's no photographic evidence so you'll have to take my word for it and once again he was very good. However, I now feel compelled to go to One Big Weekend to get another matching picture a year later.

    "Radio 1 should just have done with it and give you your own show!"
    All day Bank Holiday Monday, the mainstream dj's were playing live performances from past One Big Weekend events with the chance to vote on the Radio 1 website and because I am a sucker for a vote, I did. Then I got a callback from Edith's broadcast assistant checking it was ok to probably put me on air. Of course I said yes whilst having a slight panic attack because Edith really is to me what Sienna is to Corinne but hoping they would put me on air because then they would have to play Foo Fighters's Monkey Wrench, which can only be a good thing. They did and Edith and I talked about, amongst other things, the fact that One Big Weekend is a few days before my first exam but it's ok because if I get tickets I can revise on the train, playing air guitar whilst jumping up and down on the bed and singing into a hairbrush as well as Posh Young Farmer Boy. Except I was good and called him by his proper name and childishly didn't miss the chance to boast that whilst Edith may have only discovered him two weeks ago, I discovered him two years ago. As if to prove that it's almost summer and revision and Radio 1 seem to go hand in hand, I then managed to get a shout out on Colin's show that followed since in my head if I miss a bit of the show because I am straightening Kirst's hair, it is perfectly acceptable to text in and ask if I missed the gay disco.

    Before you ask, in the midst of all this, yes I am revising and working hard.


    link | posted by Nic at 8:40 PM |


    2 Comments:

    Blogger Corinne commented at 11:31 AM~  

    I've just noticed that we don't have the Ant and Dec thing - where they always stand at the same side - going on. And let the record show I was thin in the second picture even though it looks like I might have been pregnant. The dress was a size eight and too big for me, hence the billowing. I just had to let everyone know that.

    But, Posh Young Farmer Boy, I'm so proud. And smug. And terrified if I do win tickets.

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:03 PM~  

    Yes, you were both 'hyper' at the Bedford, if 'hyper' means drunk!;-)

    And a whoohoo for PYFB, even if he was rude and didn't come to Leeds!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela