
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Sunday, May 21, 2006 "I've had the time of my life and I owe it all to you"
From the time the nice BBC man rang me to tell me he was going to give me tickets for the whole weekend to now, when I've finished blogging about the whole experience, it has just been a whirlwind adventure. Corinne and I are used to doing things spontaneously, but as someone pointed out, Fundee is pretty spontaneous, even with a week's notice and especially with my exams that were looming. But we went, because we're all about the boys with guitars and the free music. And because if someone gives you tickets to the WHOLE of One Big Weekend, you don't say no.
I always find it incredibly hard to blog about gigs. I can blog about the stupid things I got up to but I can never quite find the words to convey the live music. The atmosphere of the crowd and the music eminating from the speakers always seems impossible to recreate in words. The bands and artists really were amazing and I know I've used that word a lot, but they were; Radio 1 did a spectacular job organising it all. And indeed they get bonus points for realising blogging is the way forward. Is this the Way to Fundee? "That jukebox in the corner blasting out my favourite song" [The Breakfast Show karaoke] "But in truth I'm lost for words" [Saturday: Posh Young Farmer Boy, Corinne Bailey-Rae and Orson] "An illusion to a conclusion" [Saturday: Razorlight, Dirty Pretty Things, Snow Patrol] "Create your own distinctions" [Sunday: Tash, live broadcast, Comedy Dave, The View] "Give me the words and I'll say them like I mean it" [Sunday: The Feeling, The Ordinary Boys, We Are Scientists] "Looking at the world through silver clouds" [Sunday: Feeder, Jo Whiley, The Kooks] "And who's gonna catch me when I'm coming down to hit the ground again" [Sunday: Pink, The Zutons, Keane] So I can only thank Radio 1 and say, in the words of a certain Scott Mills, I love you.
link | posted by Nic at 10:26 PM |
1 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |