
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 I see coffee cups and washing up, reality hits home
This morning I made the rather fantastic discovery that I can in fact work whilst listening to Radio 1's Early Breakfast Show. Consequently I started working this morning to the opening bars of Infernal and got very confused as to whether Tariq had just got up early or not actually gone to bed. His dissertation is due today so he's not slept all night so I offered to proof read it, from an English point of view because he does Medical Science and there's no way I could look at it from any other point of view. After the first page, it became apparent that it was very complicated and I didn't have any chance of actually understanding anything he had written, but I did learn a new word: hippocampus. I thought it was such a fun word that I actually asked what it meant. It is apparently:
"an area in your brain (the temporal lobe - i.e. the side of your head) responsible for lots of things like emotion, learning and memory. It also happens to be a common place for the initiation of epileptic sezuires"according to Tariq. Yes I left his spelling of seizures because it amuses me. Thing is, after reading his dissertation, mine doesn't seem quite so bad...
link | posted by Nic at 7:32 AM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |