Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Friday, August 24, 2007

    V: "I Would Walk 500 Miles"

    “What is it to be at V? To wear wellies and sunglasses even when it is dry and dark.”

    "Pack clean knickers and a tent."

    “This is bloody camping! Drinking cider in a plastic cup!”
    “The burner is in the car. We’re going t’ burger van.”

    Friday morning I was up early, rucksack packed and on my way to the train station. I didn’t realise how much my rucksack weighed until I put it on my back but since I only had that I figured it would be ok. I amused myself on the train up to Wolverhampton by playing spot all the people going to V. It wasn’t too hard. When I got to Wolverhampton I proceeded to follow the cute boys with alcohol to the bus station. Upon boarding the bus I attempted to ring Corinne. About five times. Her phone kept going to voicemail so I figured she was probably on the coach on a road flanked by fields, so settled back to eavesdrop on the cute boys conversation instead [and laugh at them asking to get off whilst stuck in traffic, proceeding to line up with their backs to the coach and take a piss in the field]. As the coach reached a road with a yellow sign emblazoned with “Weston Park”, Corinne rang me. Helpfully she didn’t know where she was so I informed her I was by said sign and would wait for her when I arrived. I didn’t bank on being stuck in traffic for an hour before actually arriving! It would appear that See Tickets coaches know a different way and all the cars, taxis, vans and buses know the other way - the way with all the traffic. Eventually after making M ring and entertain me on his lunch hour, Corinne arrived brandishing tickets and a tent.

    “This is my wife. This is my girlfriend. This is my mistress… All in a two man tent!”

    After getting our bags searched, having the fun of getting our rucksacks back on our backs and then acquiring wristbands, we wandered on in search of a place to pitch our tent. The whole carrying a rucksack thing got boring very quickly. Eventually we found a space in the campsite nearest the arena. Plus it was also within seeing distance of a burger van. Result! Then I pitched the tent whilst Corinne pretended to read the instructions. What actually happened was that I would ask a question and then answer myself before Corinne had a chance to reply.

    “They’re telling them to take their gazebo down.”
    [Ten minutes later] “They’re putting the gazebo back up!”
    “How long do you reckon it will last?”
    “I don’t know but they’ve made it really really small - like the height of a tent…”

    Airbed blown up and bags thrown in the tent we decided to wander down to the arena and have a look around. Not everything was open so we wandered back to our tent, via the burger van.

    “Can you make it look like we cooked it on our BBQ?” “One tip for you – don’t buy a portable BBQ from Asda; they don’t work!”

    We collapsed onto the airbed and decided an early night was in order. Five minutes later we heard voices from all sides of our tent. There was a gap for a tent on one side so we figured someone was pitching theirs there. However, we could hear that there was at least one other tent being pitched. We lay back and listened to the voices. It was entertaining for a while, then we fell asleep. It rained during the night. Rain hitting the outside of a tent you are in is not fun.

    Labels: , , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 12:21 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela