Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, April 25, 2006

    The need to express, to communicate, to going against the grain, going insane, going mad

    As seems to be the latest recurring theme in this blog, I am posting a day late. Yesterday was the legend that is Comedy Dave's birthday and since I seem to count him as a hero on MySpace, I guess I should probably say Happy Birthday dude, I take it you turned 25 as well then...

    Not only did Dave share his birthday with a signing and performance by Wolfmother in Virgin Megastores on Oxford Street but also the 10-year anniversary of Rent on Broadway. As much as I would have liked to have marked this occasion by something like seeing the movie in the cinema - if you can find me a cinema near me that's still showing it I will pay you a fifty quid since I can't and I've still not seen it - or saying that I listened to the soundtrack on repeat, I didn't mark the occasion at all because I was too busy stressing over the dreaded D. As if to make up for it though, I found this, which possibly got me far too excited - at least as excited as Kirst, Lucy and I were when we discovered Ali had bought us doughnuts.


    link | posted by Nic at 9:50 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 12:15 PM~  

    I saw Rent during it's one week run at the Vue cinema near me - not sure what to make of it really, other than it's very clearly a show you should see in the theatre, and preferably in New York, as I felt much of it's impact was lost on screen. 'Seasons of Love' always makes me smile though!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela