
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Friday, April 28, 2006 What Not To Say
Yesterday Corinne and I woke up to the dulcet tones of the Breakfast Show and their excitement over the fact that they had been sent World Cup sticker books. Consequently for the rest of the day I told Corinne, at regular intervals, that I wanted one. I always used to get the football sticker books when I was younger and stickers, in general, always provide hours of entertainment - during the Six Nations I ended up with The Incredibles stickers on my arms...
This morning, whilst I was in the Grad Ball queue getting steadily and steadily colder, the Breakfast Show were discussing the stickers they had got and it became apparent that Carrie didn't have a book - despite being the sportsreader - because "Dave won't let me have one because I'm a girl". One way to really annoy me is to tell me I can't have or do something because I am a girl. When I was little, we went to Disney World and my brother wanted a toy gun. I wanted one too and was told I wasn't allowed one because I was a girl. Consequently my brother ended up with the gun, which had to go in the safe of the aeroplane to be collected at the other end after a three hour wait. Yes, bitter may be the word. So this morning I sat through about fifteen minutes of Dave and Chris telling Carrie that she could plait their hair, should go play with her dolls, and could have a Barbie sticker book. It soon became apparent that Jo Whiley had a sticker book and so did Aled, who didn't even care about the World Cup. Despite the fact that I knew they were all trying to wind her up, I was getting more and more annoyed*. I am going to go and get a stupid sticker book because I want one and because they're not just for boys. In fact as Ellie said in an effort to amuse me via text, whilst I was in the queue: "since they are full of pictures of men, I'd say they were primarily for girls." *It didn't really help that I was already in a bad mood since the seven o'clock Newsbeat had brought the realisation that, due to the fact that time means nothing to me anymore, I had missed the Boro match on Thursday night.
link | posted by Nic at 8:35 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |