Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, November 07, 2006

    "They only put you down if you give them permission"

    “We’ve been in America and we got back to the rain and the cold and it’s fucking great to be back”

    “It’s that point in your life when you figure out you don’t fit in and you realise you don’t need to”
    “It’s for all the people who are a bit strange”

    “Cause if you feel it, and if you mean it, don't apologize”

    “And that’s when
    The blue picadilly takes me away from the city
    Maybe someday you’ll forgive me
    Twelve stops and home”

    “If you don’t live in London, move”

    After getting suitably lost in a car attempting to find the Academy on Wednesday by driving through central Birmingham, we eventually got out of the car and walked. After freezing on the walk to the Academy, we found a suitable place to stand, and waited.
    The support ‘band’ came on and it took Kirst, Dave and I almost the entirety of the set to figure out it wasn’t a band but in fact a singer bloke with a band. He was called Luke Toms, or something like that but I didn’t really like him too much. I mean his music didn’t make me want to go and sit down in the corner out of sheer boredom but it didn’t really go anywhere. Plus I just wanted to see The Feeling, to be honest, and wasn’t really in the mood to appreciate support bands. Luckily the roadie people then came on and, worryingly, I recognised The Feeling’s instruments being tuned.


    The speakers emitted an acoustic start of Fill My Little World before the boys took to the stage, but didn’t actually start with Fill My Little World, just to confuse matters. And wow, they were as amazing as ever. At one point however, I managed to get a stupidly tall woman in front of me who had a top that looked like someone out of the 1920s and a bag that she’s clearly thrown on so that it could and would hit me every five seconds. This was made only slightly less annoying by the fact that it was hitting me because she was dancing and as people will tell you, I am slightly less annoyed with tall people who actually look like they are enjoying themselves thus giving them an almost valid reason to completely block my view. Except this was my Dan* and this woman was just bloody annoying, not least because she knew hardly any lyrics for the The Feeling and all the lyrics for Video Killed the Radio Star*.
    About halfway through, Dan started reminiscing…”I remember last time we were here, we were squished in that little room up there, did anyone come to that?” Me and Kirst proudly shot out arms up in the air along with a handful of other people. “Well it probably only had enough room for you!”
    The other highlight was my Dan playing the piano! An absolutely awesome gig that just shows how far they’ve come since March when they played that small room in the Academy and they were just about getting playing on Radio 1.


    *As he is officially known…
    **Yes they covered it. Yes it was amazing.


    link | posted by Nic at 10:49 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Kirst commented at 3:46 PM~  

    With the final picture I feel I need to add my comment "Where does it say sold out?"

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela