Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Thursday, October 12, 2006

    "Whatever this is, it feels electric"

    "Turn the music up til the windows start to shatter"

    "Do I really need a reason? Is it really such a big deal?"

    "But I couldn’t find the words"

    Kirst and I seem to be practically living at the Academy at the moment. Monday night we were there for Orson and discovered a secret entrance that proved tremendous for exiting after the gigs and avoiding the crowds.

    After hitting the merchandise store for me to get the obligatory badges, Kirst and I found a suitable place to stand, after I’d emptied the ice from my glass of water onto the bar, and waited for the support band. Once again I don’t know who they were because THEY DON’T ANNUNCIATE. Plus I didn’t like them, which was weird because usually I like the support bands. But they were a bit weird, and Kirst and I weren’t paying attention so it took us ages to work out they kept switching instruments, which to be fair was pretty cool. Though we got a bit bored so went and sat down. About five minutes later a creepy bloke was like, ‘do you like Orson?’ Erm no, I’m just here for the good of my health. Idiot. Kirst and I later came up with some fun responses we should have answered his stupid question with.

    Kirst and I are currently trying to teach all the American bands how to pronounce Birmingham, and when I say trying to teach, I mean standing and commenting to each other that Americans always pronounce it wrong. I should know, I spent all last summer trying to teach the whole of Rhode Island that you don’t pronounce the ‘h’. But Orson somehow managed to switch between pronouncing it the American way and the English way, so I was impressed.

    When Corinne and I saw Orson in Fundee, they were awesome [see what I did there…] so I was pretty sure they weren’t going to disappoint. And they didn’t. They really rocked the stage!
    “Are there any ladies out there, this one’s for all of you”
    “I love this song. It has the line ‘psycho bitch from hell’ in it”
    “Oh, so why is he dedicating it to the ladies?”
    “Yeh, it’s not a good dedication…”
    Anyone who can get ‘psycho bitch from hell’ into a song and then get the whole of the academy to yell it when it gets to that line is pretty good in my books.
    They did a cover of Walk on By, which sounded surprisingly good. You know I'm not very good at writing about the actual music so you will just have to believe me that they are one of the bands worth seeing live. They ended, obviously, with No Tomorrow, which had everyone singing at the top of their voices and Orson trying to make everyone sing the guitar riff, which I'm pretty sure everyone would have done anyway. Awesome.


    link | posted by Nic at 11:20 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela