Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Sunday, October 15, 2006

    "These tiresome paper dreams"

    “You guys alright? You look fucking hot! I’m fucking hot and I’ve been in this hall fifteen minutes”

    Arghh – too many gigs, too many blog entries! Hence you don't really get to play guess the lyrics games.

    Ali and I rocked up to the Academy, took one look at the queue to get in and sauntered off to the nearest pub where we debated about stealing pint glasses but realised that Academy bag searches would find the stolen items. Eventually Kirst arrived and we wandered back to the Academy where I went in search of merchandise and gave a small scream upon the discovery that Larrikin Love were one of the support bands.

    We decided to stand behind the sound desk* and settled to watch the rest of Cat the Dog’s** set whilst telling Ali that the lead singer of Larrikin Love was psycho. If you haven’t seen them, their lead singer has so much energy he spends the whole set jumping around the stage.

    The Academy started to really fill up and by the time the Kooks hit the stage it was the most packed I’ve seen it! We were pretty far back so it’s almost just as well I forgot my camera. Lighting was fab, especially the signs either side of the stage saying The Kooks, which lit up.

    They had a really weird set order though; I admit I don’t know the album back to front but for at least half their set they did their songs in album order. This meant that they did Naïve somewhere in the middle, very bizarre. It was amazing though because everyone in the Academy seemed to know most of the words to the whole album, which resulted in being able to hear everyone singing the lyrics back a lot of the time which was very cool - a lot like the tent in Fundee. But in a building, obviously.

    And because no gig is without a mic incident...Luke hit his head on the mic. I heart the Kooks.


    *I miss the Bedford…
    **Very random name indeed.


    link | posted by Nic at 10:34 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela