
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts |
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 "When you said that we were wrong, life goes on"
A while ago I figured that Ali, Corinne and I had not actually been together since about two years ago. Do you have any idea how long that is? So you know, put us all in the Golden Arches with Ali deliberating what to get and Corinne and I secretly laughing that Ali chose to wear new high heeled boots to a gig at the Academy and well, there’s going to be trouble…mainly in the form of a toy car from the Happy Meal.
"Do the wheels move?"However, I’m thinking that other people who chose to have their tea in the Golden Arches weren’t too happy it had wheels that moved when Ali managed to shoot it across the table and consequently halfway across the floor in a move too quick for either me or Corinne to catch it. Despite Ali then deciding she didn’t want it, I figured that a car with wheels was way too precious to just leave in two bits on a McDonalds floor. I always wanted a remote control car when I was little and even though this wasn't remote controlled, it had moving wheels so it was a start. We left soon after this incident. ![]() After getting into the Academy, Corinne and I proceeded to moan about the fact that merchandise didn’t have badges. Much to our amusement we decided to get Ali to ask them if they had any, despite none being on actual display. After about five minutes, and Ali watching them check if some bloke’s note was fake, she walked back to us, "If they did have any, wouldn’t they be on display?" she asked. "Yes" came the reply. "Then why am I standing there then?! Stop picking on me!" And then came the finding a position to stand in and the inevitable photoshoot. I thought that it was a good idea to get a photo of the three of us. So I held the camera out, we all stood together and I clicked the button. We did this about five times and I still don’t have a proper picture because certain people are incapable of keeping their eyes open. Then we tried a picture of me giving Ali a piggyback. Four attempts later and we have a picture that we were both about 80% happy with. Then we tried pictures doing the international signal for rock. It started out ok, but eventually we ended up with a picture of me and Ali with Ali doing what can be described as the international signal for call me. Photoshoot was quickly abandoned after that since Corinne and I were laughing so hard our stomachs were hurting. ![]() After Corinne and I having a discussion on the lighting, Embrace came on stage. Corinne and I pondered what was the standing on wearing your own band t-shirt for a gig. But wow, they were on top form. Absolutely bloody brilliant. I would love to see them at a festival. "If you listen to Chris Moyles then you might have heard it a couple of weeks ago. Just to clear it up, we’re not splitting up."Thank god for that. And yes, we may have uttered a small whoop at the mention of Mr Moyles. And then Danny did something that no one has even done at a gig and ensured that the three of us will love him forever. He made everyone who was tall crouch down for about a minute. Of course he then made them jump up again but still. For that minute, we stopped moaning about tall people and had an almost clear view of the stage. At one point Danny started talking about Birmingham... "Do you know anywhere good we can go after the gig?" Corinne yelled in my ear, "your house!" I turned round, "Yes! My house, good plan." I turned to Ali and informed her of this. A few seconds later Danny repeated the question from the stage. Someone who was stood within about two metres of us on our left yelled, "My house!" Corinne and I looked at each other with shock and bemusement. "They stole our joke!" Corinne uttered. We looked at Ali, "they stole our joke!" "Was that not you yelling?" Ali was reaching our level of confusement. "No!" People are not allowed to steal our jokes. It's just rude. ![]() They finished with Ashes. Ali made the exception and jumped in her boots and it was absolutely amazing. The lighting was fantastic, everyone was singing the words and jumping up and down. And that is the moment I will remember from that night. Well that and the car incident…
link | posted by Nic at 11:04 PM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |