
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts |
Monday, October 16, 2006 "Split Visions of a Talkative Therapy"
I wrote half of this, then my computer crashed and I lost it. I know you can’t see but this is my, I am so not impressed look. Anyway, on Friday Kirst and I graced the Barfly with our presence for The View, 747s and Jet [as part of the Gonzo Tour]. The guy on ticket collection asked us if we had ID and informed us Zane Lowe was dj-ing afterwards and there were cheap drinks. Kirst and I informed him Kirst was driving and I had no money and walked off, still annoyed at the whole ID thing.
We ended up in a position pretty much where we’d been for the Fratellis, just a couple of rows further back. Get in! After a long wait, Zane finally came on and introduced The View. Kirst commented that they looked about twelve. Ok they were little* but not twelve. And they rocked, completely making up for me missing them in Fundee. They even switched instruments for one song with Kyle and Kieren switching lead guitar and bass. Brilliant set, which had everyone dancing along by the end. Then came the 747s. I have heard of the 747s, I have a feeling they played Leeds and Reading so if they did, they I’m sure I saw them on the Leeds and Reading BBC coverage. Then again, I might have made that up. Point is, I didn’t know any of their songs, or indeed if they were any good. Well for anyone pondering this, they are bloody good. Loved their set, not least because their drum set had 747s emblazoned across it. They have an album out called Zampano, which I want because it sounds like something you’d yell during flamenco dancing, and also because their set was that good. After what seems like ages to set up, Jet were on. Now I know about three Jet songs, that’s it. After the second song, the middle of the crowd turned into a mosh pit with Kirst and I pretty much managing to escape thanks to some girls on my left who acted like a barrier to the moshing whilst complaining about it. When they did Are You Gonna Be My Girl? the moshing wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be and I only got whacked in the head once and Kirst in the arm once. Result! Jet’s set was good and I loved the sparkly drums**. We left as soon at Zane started dj-ing at the end of Jet’s set though as we both needed our sleep way more and I had to get up at half five the next morning. Just thought I’d mention that before someone yells at me for missing his set. *Maybe they got shrunk in the wash too… **I’m getting slightly worried about my obsession with drums now.
link | posted by Nic at 10:17 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |