Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Thursday, November 09, 2006

    A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

    ...Except if you are writing an essay for the English Department. I am not, so I present to you, Disney on Ice, in pictures. Camera phone pictures no less because Nic forgot her camera again. And before anyone questions the fact that I hate figure skating, yes I do but only because they show people doing the same routine over and over again and it's only entertaining if they fall over. Put a load of people doing different routines in an ice rink, shove in a Disney Princess theme and I am there.

    It's Abu as the elephant! Me and Kirst thought it was very clever how they did it. They also had wires so that Jasmine and Aladdin could actually fly around on the magic carpet.


    Jasmine's castle:


    We got no troubles, life is the bubbles, under the sea:


    I got very excited about the The Little Mermaid section and got scared when Ursula appeared but this time you couldn't hit fast forward on the remote like I usually do.

    The whole second half was dedicated to Cinderella. Then they had a big party at the end:


    It was so good and I found it particularly amusing that Kirst and I seemed to know the lyrics to more of the Disney songs than the little kids sat around us!

    Labels: , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 8:09 PM |


    3 Comments:

    Blogger billygean.co.uk commented at 3:08 PM~  

    Oooh hurrah! :) Glad you had fun

    Blogger Kirst commented at 6:59 PM~  

    It was indeed very exciting except for the annoying little girl next to us! I mean really, kids shouldn't be allowed to this kind of thing!!!

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:58 PM~  

    I hope u dont mind - i stole ur pictures!!! (i didn't take my camera when i went) Glad to hear u enjoyed it 2 thow! I thought the elephant was awesome! i love it when they do stuff like that!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela