Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Friday, May 05, 2006

    Suckin' Diesel

    Last weekend I went into town and got a World Cup Sticker book whilst giving Corinne clear instructions that she had to as well and then we could have lots of fun with stickers. So I've had mine about a week and the Breakfast Show were still refusing to give Carrie a sticker book before finally announcing that since they'd all got one and given one to Jo Whiley and her team, there were none left but she could have the England sticker book, which is obviously not as much fun because she would have no one to swap with but herself. Eventually after more comments about the fact that she was a girl, I decided was going to send a sticker book to Radio 1 HQ purely so Carrie could whack Dave round the head with it. And as I had to go into town in order to go home for a day, I got one and sent it; though not before I'd spent half an hour trawling round town looking for the Post Office that no longer seemed to have been where I remembered it to be, so obviously had grown legs and moved.

    Sure enough, this morning the Breakfast Show was full of sticker fun, and even in my I've-had-twenty-minutes-sleep-all-night-but-it's-all-good I didn't miss a shoutout from Carrie despite her getting my name slightly wrong by deciding to replace the 'e' with an 'a' but I forgive her because a) people get Corinne's name wrong all the time, b) she is one of my heroes, even if I'm still not sure of the definition of that word, c) when I scrawled an accompanying letter, it was six in the morning so my writing was probably illegible and d) she gave me a shoutout and even in my refusal to sleep state, that was good...until the landline phone rang ensuring I missed the next ten minutes of all round sticker fun on international Radio 1.


    link | posted by Nic at 8:52 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela