
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts |
Friday, May 05, 2006 The One Without the Paparazzi
Wednesday night was The Student Group Awards at the Guild. It was the reason I was dressed in 'my Movin' Out outfit' about five minutes before we were due to leave. The dress code was rainbow formal, GTV were up for an award, and I found myself attempting to negociate the streets of Selly Oak in one inch high stilletto heels whilst Kirst stuck her leg out in the road attempting to tell if her legs were shimmery or not. Eventually we arrived at the Guild, having gone via Tash's house and were greeted by a red carpet, which I thought was rather exciting. The huge wait at the bar for a drink of coke, however, was not. We took out seats to the discovery of free sherbert, mini slinkies and wine.
![]() Everyone then proceeded to worry about how long we were going to have to wait for dessert as well as the vast amounts of sherbet Talie was consuming. After quite a few presentations, we were ready for dessert, and Tash, Talie and I were determined not to miss a trick consequently pulling about three or four desserts from the tray and lining them up to share them between us before Tash discovered the fruit. More presentations later, including an amusing one from Carnival and a bouldering demonstration from the Mountaineering Society using its members as rocks, then came the Awards Presentation itself and the GTV table was nervous and excited whilst trying to work out in what order they were moving through the categories. We were up for Most Improved Standing Society having pretty much revived GTV again after its one year hiatus. AND WE WON! We all traipsed up to the stage, squealing, clapping and generally being very excited. Talie managed to drop her earring and have to pick it up, I hid behind Kirst and Lucy got in the plug for GTV fortnight. Later on in the evening, Ali and I people-watched on the dancefloor, socialised with random people who'd won awards or whose t-shirt we were trying to read and I made Ali run to the dancefloor to dance to Fall Out Boy, she slipped, hurt her knee and we spent the entire song by the pool table checking she was ok. We celebrated GTV's win by taking the free wine; I tried to immitate a picture I'd seen on Lily Allen's MySpace of her at a NYC Block Party whilst not getting drunk and being able to get up at five the next morning without so much as a headache. ![]() All that's left to say, GTV - we did it! Well done and you all rock!
link | posted by Nic at 9:21 PM |
1 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |