Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, April 18, 2006

    Music is power, let it flow through your mind

    Since my discovery that you could stream lots of different and random albums at NME.com, it has been my favourite website because I need music when I'm working and if I don't know the lyrics then it lessens the chance of my productivity being halved - not taking into account that if I have Radio 1 on, it is essentially halved anyway*. My album to work to last week was The Zutons Tired of Hanging Around, which is fantastic. I am excited that Colin and Edith have the whole album as their cd burner, and as they say, it's the kind of album where every song on it could be a single. This week I have discovered that you can now stream the Wolfmother album, which is an exciting discovery in itself. I don't think I'm as firmly on that bandwagon as I am on say, Lily Allen's but I wanted to listen to the album. And it's quite good. It's not really my kind of music but it grows on you. Plus Dimension isn't the best song on there, for anyone who'd been listening to Radio 1 drivetime last week where it was, rather hilariously, Joel's Record of the Week.
    Anyway, apparently VH1 did a poll of the top five lyrics and came up with this:
    1. U2 - One. "One life, with each other, sisters, brothers."

    2. The Smiths - How Soon is Now? "So you go, and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home, and you cry, and you want to die."

    3. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit. "I feel stupid and contagious, here we are now, entertain us."

    4. Bob Marley - Redemption Song. "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds, have no fear for atomic energy, 'cause none of them can stop the time."

    5. Coldplay - Yellow. "Look at the stars, look how they shine for you."
    I don't agree with any of them I don't think, yet can't think of any that I would put in my top five. Since I've now hit my word count on 'the dreaded D', maybe that will be tomorrow's task. Or maybe it's just too hard, like Desert Island Discs.

    Also can I just take this opportunity to say thank god the Radio 1 Breakfast Show team are back.


    *I am quite glad that JK and Joel have stopped covering drivetime.


    link | posted by Nic at 3:42 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Jen commented at 10:45 PM~  

    Well i don't know if I agree with any of them either...How do you decide a top lyric?

    I do love Smells like teen spirit though :)

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela