
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts |
Monday, March 06, 2006 "You can't walk no line!"
Today I woke up to the news that Reese Witherspoon had won the Oscar for Best Actress for her part in Walk the Line, if it hadn't been half seven in the morning I would have whooped and jumped around but as it was, I settled for moving further under my duvet and being silently very pleased. Keira Knightley's cool - she doesn't annoy me like she does others - and she was good in Pride and Prejudice, I like Felicity Huffman though I haven't seen the movie yet but I wanted Reese Witherspoon to win because her performance is outstanding. Though I think Felicity Huffman came out with the best quote on the night - not on stage though I don't think - "the Oscars is like...really great sex. Bye!"
![]() So far I have seen Walk the Line a total of three times. It's a brilliant movie and Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon are fantastic. They had six months vocal training in order to be able to sing like Johnny Cash and June Carter and Joaquin Phoenix had to learn to play the guitar from scratch. Pretty damn good if you ask me. The music is amazing. The soundtrack is my new favourite album, for now, and I have had it pretty much on repeat since I got it. So well done Reese and if you haven't seen Walk the Line, I highly recommend going - in fact, if you ask nicely, I'll probably go with you...
link | posted by Nic at 4:16 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |