Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Sunday, March 05, 2006

    "Bloody Byron" - Some Sort of Beautiful

    I meant to blog this when it occurred but I forgot and it wasn't until Corinne, once more, blogged about Byron that I remembered the need to blog the exchange. For those of you who have read The Waves you will be familiar with Bernard's references to himself as Byron. In my seminar last week, this came up in discussion and if I can remember rightly, it was discussed negatively so my tutor was anxious to argue that every man has at some point thought of himself as Byron, including all the guys present in the room. As an afterthought he added that woman probably have too, once more including all females in the room. Unfortunately I couldn't even consider whether I had ever thought of myself as Byron since I had Gilly and Corinne's dialogue in my head and was trying desperately to suppress the urge to say, "But I've never slept with a younger-than-16 year old boy and I'm sure no one else in the room has either..."


    link | posted by Nic at 7:39 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Corinne commented at 1:25 PM~  

    Am I just too predictable in that I love Bernard? And that I think everyone should have at least one Byronic moment in their life (preferably one which doesn't involve the under sixteens or a relative if I'm honest).

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela