
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Thursday, March 02, 2006 "I cannot live without books" - Thomas Jefferson
Today is World Book Day. Admittedly I only know this because whilst I was attempting to edit Sweet Charity down in GTV, my headphones were plugged into my phone and the radio was tuned into Colin and Edith's show but however I got the information, it remains the fact that I know. I managed to turn the radio on in the midst of a discussion about books, much to my excitement. They were discussing the worst books, which I can safely say I know a thing or two about, and Colin was discussing texts that had come in and apparently a lot of people were saying Captain Corelli's Mandolin. At this point I nearly yelled out loud. It is one of my favourite books ever, I know I have a few favourite books but this is definitely one of them. I had to read it for my World War synopsis paper at A Level, wrote an essay on it and have loved it ever since. After I read the book, I decided to watch the film, which is ok but nothing compared to the book. They focus on the love story as a major plot and ignore everything else; I can understand that this works within the film but it misses so much. Before I could start yelling at the radio, Edith came to the rescue arguing that it was a good book and questioning if Colin had ever read it. I knew there was a reason I liked Edith.
link | posted by Nic at 11:05 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |