Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Sunday, March 05, 2006

    Bloggedy blog

    Apparently none of my e-mails to Gilly have normal titles and include words that I have added 'edy' or some other similarly silly ending to, so I felt that since I have a tendancy to send her e-mails entitled 'blogedy-blog'* it was a fitting title.
    When I first started blogging, it was because I was persuaded to by Gill. It became a way to document the stupid but amusing incidents that occurred on a regular basis in my house. There were a lot - it needed recording. It was also my way of ranting when essays didn't go well. Then under persuasion from Corinne** I switched to a blog. Suddenly, and rather bizzarely I thought there was a slight change in my writing. It was still a way of documenting the further insanity of my house and my growing obsession with Radio 1. Then almost to coincide with the start of my third year at Uni, I closed it down and started a new one. And then something changed. Up until then it was all about blogging silly things and things that annoyed me. Then suddenly it was a way of expressing how I was feeling. The summer taught me the importance of talking to people about things, it didn't teach me to do it, but it taught me that it should be done. My compromise was to talk to people on MSN and send e-mails. And to blog it, albeit in a coded way. But somehow it helped, slightly; and my writing seemed to get better with it, because let's face it, blogging is egotistical - everyone writes to be read whether they admit it or not. So this blog became that, along with documenting the stupid conversations that seem to occur on a daily basis.
    After the big MySpace revolution that Radio 1 started, I joined*** and then told Corinne to join. Then she blogged on it about starting a colony and never one to let someone just march in and plant a flag on what I deem to be my territory, I blogged. I probably won't again but it shows that blogging is compulsive, a fact proven the other day after Gilly's tumbleweed dialogue that resulted in hysterics and a mutual understanding -without words - that I was going to blog it. It was actually quite worrying!
    Now, it seems my blogging has gone international. JP, Lemmy's best mate, has offered me a writing section on his site so now I have more places to vent and write about the hilarity that is uni life. Question is, do I have enough to say to cover all these blogs? Hell yeah!


    *Yes, to tell her I have updated. I am a geek and I revel in it.
    **Can you spot a pattern emerging here?
    ***Mainly to be Aled's friend as a step towards the 'Make Aled Nik & Corinne's GBF' plan...


    link | posted by Nic at 7:51 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela