Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Wednesday, March 01, 2006

    P is for Pancakes

    On Monday night, I arrived home after being out of my house from half ten in the morning to half twelve at night and found a package waiting. A week earlier, Cat had told me she'd seen something and thought of me, so had bought it and sent it to me. It turned out to be powder that when milk is added to it, becomes pancake batter. So basically, it seems to be no secret that I love pancakes and find the idea of a whole day dedicated to pancakes incredibly exciting. At nine o'clock in the morning I found myself, along with Kirst, at Talie's for a pancake breakfast to celebrate Talie's birthday. After a while of making normal round ones, we experimented with making a 'T' for Talie and an 'N' for Nic - you can't roll them but they are fun nonetheless.


    Later I found myself at Selly Sausage for pancakes with Gilly, Mike, Rach and Lucy to celebrate Gilly's birthday, give her presents and generally make sure she didn't leave them there again like last year.


    After much debating, I decided not to have pancakes for dinner. Instead I tried to instigate a house pancake day which will have to be when everyone is available. Unfortunately, the fantastic idea of merging Pancake Day with St. David's Day didn't work, so I am awaiting a day when I can have yet more pancakes.


    link | posted by Nic at 8:34 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela