Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Thursday, February 23, 2006

    London baby!

    The general unwritten rule seems to be that when you live near somewhere or something, you're less likely to go; many people still can't believe I've not been to Camden or on the London Eye but the reality is, it takes about half an hour to get to central London, so I don't go that often. Last term I finally went on the Birmingham Wheel...of course I then figured out that it is indeed all ferris wheels I don't like and not just ones with open gondolas, but hey, I've been on it.
    Consequently, when Corinne booked us a hotel in London which stated in its description that it was near The Natural History Museum and The Science Museum, she had pretty much predicted I was going to insist on us going, given my enthusiasm for dinosaurs and space. So after arriving at the train station, we made our way to the hotel, dropped off our stuff in the very small hotel room where they had clearly made sure there was enough room for one person to walk about, and that was it, and made our way to South Kensington station. At this point I should probably point out that I used to go to both museums on school trips when I was younger and I loved them, but I'd not been for ages so consequently got very excited.


    The dinosaur section of the The Natural History Museum was amazing, even if some of the dinosaurs did look like they were on skateboards/snowboards. The walkway was cool, not sure I remember that from last time I went, and the little dinosaurs that roared and moved, whilst trying to attack Corinne, were really good. There's also a contraption to teach you how dinosaurs move their legs when they walk; it's a hands on exhibit and let's just say, if something was attacking the dinosaur whilst Corinne was making it walk, well, the dinosaur would die. The big exhibit in the dinosaurs section though is the big moving, blinking, tail swinging T Rex.


    At one point, it moved its tail and I moved backwards before realising it obviously wasn't going to hit me. After a proper look round the shop and establishing that no, I couldn't buy everything in the shop and the remote control T Rex was too expensive, we headed to The Science Museum, purchases in hand. We quickly worked out where the space section was and I practically ran to it, in fact I think I may have run the last five metres. It is exactly how I remembered it - something which I consequently announced on average once every five or so minutes whilst I ran around inside seeing all the exhibits in a rather random order.


    After wandering through the part on satellites and musing that it wasn't quite as interesting as all the shuttles and astronauts, we made out way to the shop where it has to be said, there was a major lack of space stuff. Eventually, armed with more pens than we will ever need, we made our way back to the hotel.
    Now and again, Corinne and I have issues with directions. I know some may argue that we always have issues, but the fact of the matter is, generally, we're quite good. So with that in mind, you would think that with all this to-ing and fro-ing from the station, we'd be able to find our way back to the station. You'd be wrong. We got distracted and went completely the wrong way so it was just as well we left relatively early; after we sorted that, we were on our way to the Narnia that is The Bedford for the boys' gig. They rocked as usual, proving you can indeed rock and roll with glasses. Later, and possibly more importantly, it also got proved that I am not the only one who thinks the dinosaurs look like they're on skateboards. See, and you thought I was going mad.


    link | posted by Nic at 9:51 AM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela