
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Sunday, April 01, 2007 I heart London
After a half hour bus ride and a four hour coach journey, Corinne and I arrived in London to celebrate Dean's birthday. We got dressed and I was distinctly unimpressed that I had to be girly wear a dress and heels. And after being all girly we didn't even spot anyone remotely worth spoting. Except I got knocked flying by some bloke who Dean says was off of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. This in itself demonstrates my point.
The next day we got up early and headed into London to meet Dean who then tried to drag us into the British Museum to which Corinne promptly told him that if it didn’t have interactive stuff then I would get bored, which is very true. But then Dean told us there was a cool room that he wanted to show us and also this dead corpse thing; at which point me and Corinne expressed our disgust and told us he was such a boy. But we went in. ![]() Once we got inside, Dean grabbed mine and Corinne’s hands and propelled us towards said corpse thing, which was horrible by the way. There were lots of school kids round it, clearly on a school trip, trying to fill out their activity sheets. Plus on trying to find said corpse thing, Dean managed to propell my arm into a glass display and consequently my arm is sporting a tiny bruise. Then we went into the section that Dean likes. I quite liked it too - it was like a big library but with lots of artefacts in it. ![]() **In true Nik and Corinne style, we ended our short visit to the British Museum by going to the gift shop. I quickly realised the best thing to do was to follow the school children around and hence found a huge chocolate coin. Next stop Covent Garden to find lunch, stop off at the Disney Store and the cardboard theatre shop. ![]() Since Corinne and Dean had mentioned going to the V&A, I'd kept quiet for most of the day on the fact that I don't like it all that much*. Eventually I mentioned this, Corinne decided Dean was in a way too immature mood to go there, so we settled to going to my museum*** instead to see the dinosaurs. On the way there, we had some fun with the posters in the tunnel... ![]() Dean had never seen the dinosaurs before and also maintains that the T Rex only roared when he tried to leave. ![]() Then he decided we needed to go into the Human Biology section. This lasted all of two minutes before we all walked out rather swiftly. We decided to spend our last hour or so -or rather Corinne and I's last hour- sitting in Starbucks constructing Dean's cardboard theatre and my zoo in a box. ![]() *Again, probably because there isn't much interactive stuff... **We want one of these... ***'My museum' obviously being the Natural History Museum. Labels: london, museums, two girls and a gay
link | posted by Nic at 9:17 PM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |