
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Sunday, April 01, 2007 "I'm a shooting star leaping through the sky" "Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time." "Is it Harro-Gate or Harrogut?" "Gut. Harrogut" I still maintain that us booking tickets to see McFly on Dean's 21st is not my fault. However, having sorted that problem Corinne and I happily got on a train to Harrogate, iPod headphones firmly in ears blasting out McFly. When we got to Harrogate, Corinne and I encountered one small problem. You see, our navigating really is first class, sometimes we don't even need a map, but we are used to navigating big cities and we kind of misjudged exactly how big Harrogate is. It is tiny! So we walked too far, then had to walk back, then ring Becky and Gayle saying we found the hotel but where is the pub? And Harrogate Weatherspoons is posh. Unfortunately poshness comes at a price, as Corinne will tell you since she bought the round... After sneaking us all into the huge hotel room, we set about getting ready to leave and getting very excited about Becky and Gayle's star girl t-shirts. Then we went out in the cold and Corinne and I knew where we were going because we walked past it on our earlier 'detour' - and because if you find any girls walking along a road leading to a gig venue, they're probably going to see McFly, so just follow them. Having annoyed the merchandise man rather a lot, we wandered up the spiral walkway* and took our seats in what can only be descibed as a big 2,000 capacity conference room. We approved of the comfy chairs though. And then we waited. Then we sat through Lil Chris. Then Time of our Life blasted out of the speakers around us and we sang loudly and were only slightly amused at the six year old boys with gelled hair in the row in front dancing along. But then McFly took to the stage, the opening bars of Friday Night filling the auditorium. Danny: "It's our guitar tech" Tom: "He's just told me one of my guitars has broken" Harry: "...And thanks to Harry on the drums." Tom: "Dougie's dead!" They absolutely rocked. Corinne and I didn't sit down** [apart from during the whole 'text this number and you can see a Baby Dougie video' moment] and spent the whole time dancing, jumping up and down and singing rather loudly; also we found it rather amusing to yell the lyrics that possibly weren't suitable for the gell haired boys in front of us. In amongst all this I also may have had 'I love his guitar***' conversations with Gayle. ![]() ![]() ****And then they finished and left the stage, I say left, I mean Danny lay on the floor and Tom had to drag him halfway across the stage, and me, Corinne, Becky and Gayle wandered off in search of a pub singing Star Girl rather loudly. Did I mention I heart McFly. And their guitars***. *I swear it's like a spaceship! **Gayle and Becky take note. You do not sit down just because Dougie is not on stage. Especially if Danny and Tom are still on stage and they are singing Bubblewrap. ***This is NOT a euphemism. ****If you look very closely you can see Dougie's very cool guitar - the neck of it lit up!! Labels: gigs, harrogate, mcfly, music, northern division, two girls and a gay
link | posted by Nic at 8:16 PM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |