Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Saturday, March 31, 2007

    TOW The Press Night

    It is Wednesday night and J and I have decided we will stay for a couple of drinks since it is our first press night...and obviously, you don't say no to free alcohol. We soon find said alcohol and decide to start playing spot the cast*.
    Result! We spot the actor who J is convinced has been in Peep Show; whilst I did used to watch Peep Show, I can't remember if he is right or not. Instead I try and convince J to go up to him and tell him he was amazing in Peep Show without mentioning the play we've just seen. J refuses but spends at least ten minutes trying to siddle up to him to finally congratulate him on a enjoyable show. Next we move on to Jill Halfpenny. Except I can't go near her because I pissed off her agent earlier. I wander off to get more alcohol whilst J talks to her.
    We spot the Professor. He is wearing a leather jacket and looking very cool. One almost expects that he has a motorbike parked outside. We decide we should both go talk to him. At this point the alcohol is starting to take effect. We wander up and J congratulates him on a good performance. "Thank you. Have you seen any Chekov before?" At this point I consider lying and saying yes but realise that though I can blag a lot of things, I really don't know anything about Chekov so instead opt to say "No" but try and make it sound like this is a good thing.
    I look at J. "Yes I have," comes his response, "I've seen," he pauses to think, "I've seen Dolls House."
    "Actually that's Ibsen."

    And that, my friends, is possibly why they have not let us go to press nights. Or talk to actors.


    *As you may have realised, I like to play spotting games.

    Labels: , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 12:12 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela