
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Thursday, March 15, 2007 "You got the music in you" "What's the line you couldn't sing? What's the line you couldn't sing?!" "[beat] Crying's not for me" So once again it comes down to public vote. I never have faith in public votes. Ever. I just don't trust people to make the right decision on votes because oh so often they don't. And last night Murray got through because enough people picked up the phones and thought, yes I want him in the semi final. And I did too. I had that belief that he would get through coupled with those nerves I feel watching results shows that makes me forget to breathe*. I do it so many times, I back one person and put blind faith in the fact that the public will back that person too, because how could they not? Even if the judges don't see or hear what I can hear sitting in my living room, huddled on the sofa, surely everyone at home can. Who cares if parts of it were slightly out of tune, who cares what the judges think because I've watched enough Fame Academy shows to know they talk absolute crap most of the time, all that matters is that they are there, stood in that Circle of Fear** sounding better, showing progress and giving it their all. But then it's the results show and nothing ever goes how you think it should. Last night it did. I'd even managed to get Corinne to volunteer votes without me asking. She volunteered them tonight, albeit because we are all about the mic stand action, but she voted nonetheless [and agreed Shaun should not have even touched Chasing Cars]. So basically that's it then, after a week of being scared during results shows, taking over the tv from my housemates and bribing them to hit record on the vcr when I wasn't in, it's over. Ali says she's perfecting her sulk. I guess I am too but I feel strangely detached. It is weird. I don't quite understand it, but I guess it's partly because I really don't care who wins now. Colin gave a storming performance on his solo and on the duet and he did brilliant to get this far. Well done Colin. I believed in you. ![]() *Rather like the whole Clapham Grand thing... **Sorry, Circle of Opportunity... Labels: colin murray, comic relief, fame academy
link | posted by Nic at 10:10 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |