
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts |
Friday, February 02, 2007 Snapshots from Last Weekend
I am standing outside Corinne's office when a lady comes up to me and asks where the toilets are. I direct her. Corinne then emerges from her office, "you should pay me, I just directed some woman to the toilets!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Reception have told Corinne that there is a actor from Macbeth coming to the evening's performance of Wizard of Oz. A while later he wanders down the stairs looking for Corinne. Dean and I look at him. "He's wearing Converses!" I whisper, impressed. "He's wearing a scarf!" responds Dean, equally impressed. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It is the interval. "Where's Fit Macbeth Actor?" I ask Dean. "He keeps wandering up and down the foyer, I think he's doing it deliberately because he knows we're watching him," Dean replies. We muse over what part he plays in the production coming to the conclusion that it would be amusing if he's a witch and also that I should ask him if he knows Director Boy. When I get back to my seat, Fit Macbeth Actor is already sat there. "So you're in Macbeth then?" I say. "Yes." "What part do you play?" I continue. Fit Macbeth Actor replies, "I play a witch." Later I run across the Playhouse to tell Dean. I also inform Corinne. Later Corinne asks, "So you were saying Macbeth in the theatre?!" "Erm, yes...What are you supposed to call it?" "The Scottish Play," comes Corinne's unimpressed response, "he'll probably break his leg now." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Fit Macbeth Actor: "You should work here..." Nik: "I know." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Nik: "The programmes are cool especially since they have stickers." Fit Macbeth Actor: "Do they?" Nik: [looking at the front of his programme] "Oh no, maybe not anymore. They used to anyway. You should go complain." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dean: "You should see the size of that puddle. It's this big [gestures with his hands]. You need a shovel to clear it up. Do we have a shovel?"Corinne: [through giggles] "I don't know Dean!" Dean: "Well you should know if we have a shovel here or not!" Corinne: "No Dean, we do not have a shovel!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dean and I are sitting around at the bar waiting for Corinne. We have decided to make up songs while we wait. In front of us are two post it notes that we have already written lyrics on. We continue discussing possible lyrics even after R has come over to see Dean. R stands there for a minute, "do you not like Corinne?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Nik to Corinne: "Some woman sprayed perfume in the toilets and it went in my mouth. I nearly made a proper complaint to you." Labels: leeds, random, theatre, wizard of oz
link | posted by Nic at 6:02 PM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |