
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Monday, January 22, 2007 Hooray for Power
Tonight 96 decided to see what it was like to live in the eighteenth century. In other words, we had no power because the fusebox was emiting smoke and a horrible smell. When I arrived home the house was in darkness except for the candles in the living room, which didn't result in a burnt table this time, and everyone was waiting round for an electrician. After a brief discussion on what exactly to do in a power cut, we decided to play Articulate. For those who have never played Articulate, it usually results in pretty stupid things being said. The frequency of this is greatly increased should you add me and Gilly into the equation.
We settled down to play. The engineer came and went. He said it was npower's fault. We rang npower. Though not before we rang the national grid who said they couldn't help us because they only dealt with gas. We continued with the game. "When it's cold, it's not rain, it's..." Tim started describing. "Ice, snow." "Ok and first name is my middle name." "Ice John!" came Kirst's reply. They went on to win. So we switched teams with boys v girls. The npower man arrived and showed no concept of the English language. We continued with our game whilst he worked at fixing the power, making sure he was planning on shutting the front door. "Ok, first name. Barlow. As in Take That..." described Gilly. "Ken!" came Kirst's response. During one of Mike and Tim's turns, Tim was describing a frontier man. "Davy Crockett", said Mike, guessing correctly. Gilly leaned over and said quietly, "Isn't that a grasshopper?" After a while the npower man got the power working again. "Brilliant, I can have a cup of tea now!" I said to Gilly. "You don't realise how much you miss power." I agreed with Gilly - we have an electric cooker. "The eighteenth century sucked! No wonder they wrote such long novels," was Gilly's general conclusion.
link | posted by Nic at 10:52 PM |
2 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |