Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Wednesday, January 17, 2007

    Northern Lights: Part 1

    The weekend saw me up North once again, it is becoming rather a habit. And it wasn't entirely to do with the fact that Wizard of Oz is still on at the Playhouse...
    I rocked up to Leeds, after burning my tongue on hot coffee at York Station and proceeded to once again prove that I 'know Leeds' by arriving at the station and making my way straight to the Playhouse. After watching the Wizard of Oz for what is now the second time and getting excited that the broom actually worked, getting free ice cream and gaining more finger puppets, we grabbed our bags and set off towards the station ready for York and Cat's partaay. "I need to check if I packed my toiletries," Corinne announces. "What?!" "Well if I don't check I'll be worried and if I have forgot them then we can just go to Boots". We stop at a bus stop where Corinne puts her suitcase on the floor, unzips it, and realises she has indeed packed her toiletries. We continue walking. "Oh no!" "What?!" It turns out Dean has forgotten his belt. I inform him that I forgot my pyjamas once so in comparison this is fine and we continue walking, Dean not entirely convinced that forgetting his belt isn't disastrous. We arrive at the station and debate for about five minutes which train to get before Corinne and Dean get their tickets and Dean buys half of the food on display at Milly's Cookies. On the way to the train Dean spots a pretty Jude Law lookalike, Corinne and I approve but alas he gets on another train. We get onto our train and throw our bags on the floor in a space that doesn't have any seats. After Dean and I decide to sit on the floor, Corinne despairs and walks off to find a seat. I wait a minute. "Corinne, are we nearly there yet?" Dean chimes in, "Yeah, are we nearly there yet?" The ticket man comes round asking for tickets from Leeds and Wakefield. "Where's Wakefield?" Dean asks. We settle down to study the home section of the Laura Ashley catalogue, complete with a picture of a sofa with some rope on it and decide that green is automatically connected with wellbeing. "Can you smell cabbage?" "No Dean, I can't" I reply, trying to stiffle giggles. Dean continues to insist he can smell cabbage. "Maybe it's coming through the vent" He puts his head near the vent. "I heard someone talk" I am now in hysterics. "There was no one talking through the vent!" He continues to insist that he heard someone and muse that it may have been the ticket man. I tell Corinne. By the time the three of us get off the train we are in hysterics and the people in the carriage were probably glad we were getting off.
    Corinne tells us she knows the way to the hotel. Since neither Dean nor I know either a) where the hotel is situated or b) how to get to it, we follow Corinne. We end up walking for about half an hour and end up in a car park. "Oh. It's ok, we'll just walk through it." We realise that we can't actually do this since it is blocked in. Then Corinne works out that we should be on the other side of the river on a road that runs parallel to the car park. Eventually we arrive at the hotel only to be told they need to check the room is made up for enough people and so we need to wait in reception. After what seems like a lifetime, a hotel bloke comes and informs us that it is ok to go up. At the Playhouse earlier Dean had told me that he'd packed a towel, something that Corinne and I found hilarious and informed him regularly that he didn't need. There were two towels in the room. Dean was pleased he'd bought a towel but Corinne and I informed him that we could have just gone down to reception and asked for another one. After about an hour later, and with only a slight lake in the bathroom, we were ready to leave.

    Labels: , , , , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 9:00 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela