Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, January 09, 2007

    "Dancing through life, skimming the surface"

    I guess it still being January, I should blog some sort of a New Year entry. Blogging nine days after the New Year starts is fashionably late I reckon, but also my bloody internet is messing about again. I never do anything for New Year and this year was no different. In fact I think I spent New Year's watching Channel 4's Big Fat Quiz of the Year and wondering if it was wrong to suddenly heart Russell Brand*. I think the overall opinion is yes.
    So it's a New Year. Personally I'm still wondering what the hell happened to the last one. Right, some resolutions then. I can't remember what last year's were, nor can I be bothered to go back and check but don't worry, I doubt I'll repeat any. And because me and Corinne are one person, there will be ten.

    Learn to play the guitar properly. By 'properly' I mean more than three chords because it is all about the music. And the second verse.

    Learn to ice skate properly. Here 'properly' being defined as like what ice hockey players do.

    Go to more ice hockey matches. Because seriously, what's better than a game of ice hockey with a few fights? It's only bad if the Panthers lose.

    Try and beat last year's record of going to 27 gigs in a year. And that's counting Radio 1's Big Weekend as one gig. I feel it should count for about twenty but for now it shall count as one.

    Go to Leeds Festival. I am going to Leeds Festival because I was so good in not going this year. I'm impressed that me and Corinne managed to not go, especially after our spectacular failure with the whole "we're not going to Radio 1's Big Weekend"...

    Go to the Zoo/Natural History Museum/Science Museum more often. In 2006 I went to the zoo once for my 21st, the Natural History Museum twice [once just for the dinosaurs], and the Science Museum twice [once just for the space section and yes I did run]. I love these places. I need to go more often. I love them as much as I love sitting in Starbucks with a book. They serve as more places to lose yourself and escape for a bit.

    Non stalk Danny and Tom off of McFly. Because me and Corinne have to have matching resolutions on at least one count and this be it. And because I'm all about the boys with guitars as the follow quote proves:
    "So I was thinking on the Sunday we could go see a Tom Stoppard play..."
    "What's it about?"
    "It's about politics. And music."
    "Are there boys with guitars?"
    "No."
    "Oh."
    In case you're wondering, I'm not going to go see the play afterall.
    I was going to link this to a resolution along the lines of working out the way from the OFS to the New Theatre Dressing Rooms but that's been an ND mission for some time now. Plus, the tunnels are pretty much blocked off thus rendering it a bit impossible, maybe.

    Come up with more resolutions so it hits ten. I have a tendency not to make actual proper resolutions. Mainly because I tend to take the not-so-serious ones more seriously and any serious ones are things I was always going to do anyway. Hmmm, I may add 'go to bingo' to this list. Give me twenty four hours and I will come up with three more resolutions. Because honestly, 'come up with more resolutions' does not count as a resolution in itself.


    *"He is your list!"

    Labels: , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 7:19 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Val commented at 6:18 PM~  

    And there I was, thinking from the title that you were blogging about 'Wicked'!

    Good luck with the resolutions, and I *heart* Russell Brand on the Quiz too - which does seem wrong!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela