Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, December 26, 2006

    Things Kids Say

    We are sitting round the table on Christmas Day. My brother's XBox is broke so we have to find other ways to entertain my little cousins, or rather one cousin specifically. My Dad pulls out an old box of a game entitled Outburst. It is like Family Fortunes but I'm sure, legally different.
    We are a bit into the game and my brother pulls out a card and reads it out, "Things you find in Rome". I look at my cousin - one of them is on my team, one is on my brother's team. "We might as well play. I really don't know any answers but I don't want to waste a pass". My cousin nods.
    My brother turns the sand timer over and repeats, "Things you find in Rome..."
    "Catholics" comes the response from my cousin.
    It wasn't one of the ten answers.

    The time eventually runs out and I take the pack of cards. I pull out a random one and read the topic, "Things a Carpenter uses". I turn over the sand timer and read out the topic title again.
    My little cousin on my brother's team decides to have a guess. "Swords".

    Labels: ,


    link | posted by Nic at 6:44 PM |


    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:30 PM~  

    There's a Puma shop in Rome, was that on the list?

    Blogger Corinne commented at 7:52 PM~  

    There's also a statue of Byron...

    Blogger Kirst commented at 3:54 PM~  

    That's the game we played!!!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela