
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Monday, October 02, 2006 "Beautiful Nonsense" For those of you who actually read my ramblings on Radio 1, you may remember this entry about all the rescheduling. Some part of my brain, probably the part that isn't usually allowed to think, thought a blog entry about the reason I didn't get to bed before half twelve any day last week even though I was ill, was in order. Obviously because I am apparently incapable of going to bed while Colin Murray is still on air.When Radio 1 first announced its scheduling changes, I wasn't too impressed. I was quite excited at the propspect of Jo Whiley getting one evening show a week, but scared that it sounded like it was a way of pushing her back to evenings. I like the idea of her having a show in the middle of the day that is a mix of mainstream and new music. Zane Lowe's voice annoys me after a while so I don't listen to his new music show in the evenings but when Jo covers occassionally it's always good. So there's that point. Scheduling also meant losing Spoony on weekends and replacing him with Fearne and Reggie, all of whom I am pretty non plussed about and I don't really listen to the radio on weekends. And then we come to the biggest scheduling change from my point of view. The Colin and Edith split. I love how well they work[ed] together and I wasn't too impressed at the thought of them having separate shows. But then I read all their views on it and it seemed like they were doing what they wanted to do. Colin got to do a new music show in the evenings and was excited about it and seemed to have some good ideas. I was slightly worried that I wouldn't like his show too much since I'm pretty up on my new music, but not enough to know some of the bands Zane plays. "Aren't you listening to Colin?"Aside from training my housemates as to when exactly Colin Murray is on air, I am absolutely loving his new show. He plays just the right mix of new music and 'mainstream' and by mainstream I mean awesome bands like the Killers and Zutons and where possible plays live versions. His features work well especially In the Company of... which last week saw the Zutons paired with the London Gospel Community Choir. Seriously, when else are you going to hear the Zutons and the London Gospel Community Choir singing Higher and Higher?!At the moment I am absolutely addicted to Pull Tiger Tail's Animator and the Holloways's Generator. And if you're not into new music, then listen just to hear Colin play about with the sound board - a gun shot and a trumpet "it's not smart, it's not clever to kill an elephant", and the various ways to bleep out a swear word... "We forgot there's a really bad swear word in this so we gotta bleep it"Plus, as if you need any more reasons to listen*, you can join me and Riz in our current investigation into whether his producer Jimmy is hot. Not that we're shallow or anything... *Also, anyone who actually knows who Tash** is, well she gets to speak on air, so moment to whoop here please. **Tash, who me and Corinne met in Fundee, used to work on Chris Moyles Show with Aled, Joce and Rachel, left to go to One Music, is now working on Colin's show as his Broadcast Assistant. That Tash. Except Colin calls her Natasha. All pictures stolen from the Radio 1 site.
link | posted by Nic at 11:38 PM |
1 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |