
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 "Together we're invincible"
I'm rather behind on blog posts and for this I issue a public apology. It seems that I finally caught the dreaded lurgy that has ended up with blokes getting man flu and women just getting really bad colds. You know when you just feel like crawling into bed and watching Will and Grace? Well that seems preferable to actually thinking enough to blog.
In rather an amusing clash of events, Fox ended up playing a gig in London the day the ND ended up in Lincoln. And before you ask, no we weren't on a road trip to London and got lost! It was Becky's birthday but without crazy hats or Team Griffin or random challenges. BUT it was a night with a theme of indie rock n roll. The ND love themes, any excuse to dress up, which for me doesn't involve heels, is always good. Corinne and I arrived in Lincoln, met Becky and within an hour found ourselves in the pub after we'd gone via Argos and checked, using the handy height chart, that we didn't need car seats. After we'd accidentally ended up in the pub it seemed rude not to get pitchers of woo woo. And suddenly the time was quarter past five, we still needed to get a bus and people were supposed to arrive at Becky's at six. Eventually, we'd managed to get us all into a people carrier* and heading towards the Brayford with me, in the backseat, trying to conduct a conversation with Corinne who was in the front seat...now you see why we're the Entertainment Department. ![]()
We arrived at The Barge at the Brayford and discovered that we were below deck and right at the back, probably so that we would be away from the normos and hidden behind the stairs. We have a girlband dontcha know. Or at least we did before Corinne's ego decided it would be better to go solo. The barge was so pretty with all the fairy lights and the little bell to ring if you want the waiter's attention and the HUGE wine glasses. ![]() "I'm sorry, you would have had it sooner but the champagne that ended up on the floor? That was yours..."I was really looking forward to Lincoln, I hadn't seen all the ND for ages and it was just so much fun to have most of us together again. I think we possibly outdid ourselves*** on topics of conversation though, ranging from Barbie and Ken, Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell, an amusing incident where Becky got her Louis's mixed up, the girlband split discussion and the obligatory singing. "Why didn't we go see Busted?"And as I sat there, my stomach hurting from laughing so much, I was happy for the first time in ages. Then I had to hold Cat's hand so she didn't fall off the chair ringing the little bell for the bill; we thought it best to leave before we got thrown out. "All I need is the air that I breathe just to love yooooooooooooooooooooou"We walked along by the Brayford, trying desperately to remember exactly how Who's David? goes when we were introduced to the delights of Lincoln. And when I say that, I mean a woman fell out of a bar/restaurant and straight into Corinne, then ran round the corner of the building and threw up. We decided against entering that establishment and instead opted for the classy new cocktail bar with the 'cool' dj that wouldn't play Busted. Instead we amused ourselves with new myspace pictures, pictures where you couldn't see anyone's face and the fact that some idiot thought it a good idea to knock the glass off the table. Shortly after that we left said classy establishment, decided that we were not queuing for Jumping Jaks and went home. ![]() I heart the ND. But not David Tennant. *Moment to whoop please.** **Unfortunately the driver was not Steeeve. ***And in doing so probably scared Becky's friend...
link | posted by Nic at 8:53 PM |
5 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |