
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts |
Tuesday, May 09, 2006 "We're the therapists pumping through your speakers"
It must have been about a year ago when Lucy and I banned ourselves from going into HMV because it is always guaranteed to end badly. We make exceptions if one of the reasons we've gone into town is because Lucy wants the Arctic Monkeys album or something but generally I steer clear. However, there are other ways - there is MusicZone which is brilliantly I-am-a-student cheap and the internet. Both my downfall. Last week I went into town and came back with both Ordinary Boys albums justifying it by saying that I actually wanted four albums so to come back with only two was good. Plus I didn't go into HMV. Nik wins.
I want so many albums at the moment and Corinne blogging that she went on a what is effectively a cd spending spree is not conducive to my will power of not buying the new Zutons album, the new Pink album, the Dirty Pretty Things album which I am currently streaming from NME, the Raconteurs album when it's out and numerous other albums from about a year ago that I have recently decided I want. Plus it's taking all my will power not to go to a load of gigs that seem to be scheduled ridiculously close to my exams. The other day I found myself on a ticket site and had to close the window before I ended up with tickets for the Foo Fighters Hyde Park gig or Leeds tickets. Corinne and I are going next year, not this year. I have to keep telling myself this. Just like we keep telling ourselves that we are NOT going to Radio 1's One Big Weekend in Dundee. At the moment, when I'm not listening to Radio 1, I am playing Lily Allen on repeat. She really is amazing. The song I really love is Knock 'Em Out purely because it's about all those sleezy men in bars and clubs that try and hit on you. I am also continuing my backing of Posh Young Farmer Boy* by playing his music on repeat too. And he's playing Middlesbrough Music Live. Mega. *That'll be Paolo Nutini...
link | posted by Nic at 6:40 AM |
3 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |