Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Wednesday, March 08, 2006

    In the jungle, the mighty jungle...

    Yesterday was the latest Guild VIT, usually held on a Thursday but temporarily changed to a Tuesday and centred round an appearance by Peter Andre. Ok, so when I was younger I quite liked Mysterious Girl, I will be the first to admit that, but I didn't like him much and I still don't, neither do I like his wife. I decided to go with GTV for a laugh mainly; VIT's are usually good fun. Soon after I had arrived at GTV, it became apparent that the Guild had stepped up security and our usual process of running round trying to find the room and then asking for an interview wasn't going to work. After clearing it with someone, we began our loitering around by the room. Half an hour later, after being moved back by security twice so we were now in the midst of a huge crowd of people whose yelling was becoming increasingly more annoying, it became apparent that we were not going to get any interviews, especially since we'd heard from security that he'd brought Jordan. Consequently I ended up in Deb Hall, on my own surrounded by drunken blokes who kept yelling "Jordan" very loudly and trying to hold up a camera over their heads and filming an ever wandering Peter Andre. As it turns out, the increasing pain in my arms and neck need not have worried me that much since he stayed on stage for a grand total of about two songs and the shortest VIT set ever. And then he left. Apparently he was feeling ill, but Deb Hall was absolutely packed so hopefully the Guild made some money back on how much they paid him for his short appearance. All in all, rather disappointing and definitely not a patch on the last VIT with Vernon.


    link | posted by Nic at 11:06 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela