
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Monday, March 13, 2006 Give me the song and I'll sing it like I mean it
Disclaimer: I started writing this on Monday morning and have only just got round to finishing.
"We can't compete with Chico, he's a legend."Last night a very tired Kirst and I found ourselves at the Academy in town. Last term, everytime we were in GTV together, the Pussycat Dolls's* Stick wit you was always on the radio and we adopted it as our song. This term, everytime we were in Zebedee**, Sewn came on the radio and usually when we were ready to get out of the car. Consequently, when I discovered that The Feeling were playing the Academy, Kirst and I excitedly booked tickets. Following their recent single release and the fact that Chris Moyles has been talking them up on the Breakfast Show, they played to a packed out Academy 2. It's been a while since I've been to a relatively big gig compared to the intimacy of the Bedford. Kirst and I decided to stand at the back rather than compete a crowd who's average age was probably twice ours. After our debate over whether the support was one band or two, they came on and we discovered that it was one. Unfortunately for the first ten minutes of their set we were distracted by the big sound desk behind us and thinking how awesome it would be to play about on it. We were drawn back to the band, called Envy & Other Sins, during one of their songs, I think it was called Martyr, which I quite liked. When they left the stage, Kirst and I once again took up our sitting position by the sound desk*** discussing what books we'd studied at GCSE and A Level English and wondering why we couldn't recall half of them. It's always a big chance to go to a gig when you know all of one song by a band, well admittedly I knew two since I'd been on their MySpace site but still. As it happens, it turned out to be fine because they were really good, though the majority of the room weren't dancing, which I still can't get my head around. Why go to a gig and not dance, I don't understand how people can stand still. Anyway, rant over, they were brilliant and I would definitely go see them again. Tired and hungry Kirst and I decided that of a choice between food and a taxi, it was always going to be food, so we made our way back to the train station, via 'the Golden Arches' figuring it was ok since we couldn't remember the last time we actually went there. *Just as I was typing that, they played The Pussycat Dolls on Radio 1 and Chris asked Carrie who it was, her reply? "Those cat women." **Kirst's car. ***Is it like a disease? Do I always have to be near a sound desk at a gig?!
link | posted by Nic at 9:46 AM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |