Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Saturday, March 11, 2006

    "Better than Sky Sports news"

    Today I was watching Football Focus for two reasons; one being that when I was younger I was really into football but I'm not so much now, I'll watch the odd match and that's it and I feel I need to get back into football. The other reason will have you yelling at me that there was obviously a Radio 1 related reason, but Carrie* was on it and she rocks. Consequently I discovered it is 90 days until the World Cup, which is very exciting. I found a wallchart on the BBC website the other day and was relieved to discover that it in no way clashes with my exams, which would have been awful. Of course with only 90 days to go, it means Corinne and I have to go into competitive mode. We seem to be the only ones in the ND that get hooked on sporting events; during the Summer Olympics we could give you a running commentary on what was happening each day and who had won what including the great medal saga of the 3 day Equestrian event. During Euro 2004, the whole of the ND went head to head in fantasy football and it ended up being Becky and I against Corinne. Once again, Corinne and I could tell you when the matches were, the results and what had happened. Once we had to go to a gig in Boro and it clashed with a couple of matches. I found myself in Cat Towers getting changed in front of the tv because I couldn't tear myself away from the Germany match. Later we were at the hotel bar and they had a big projector showing the game which led to Corinne and I having to be, eventually, dragged off so we didn't miss the gig. For those of you wondering Corinne won and Bec and I came second. Of course if the stupid site had accepted Val's team when Corinne and I tried to register it, Val would have won since we found it amusing to compose her team primarily of Greek players.
    The World Cup means the competitiveness is back, once again it is Nik against Corinne, spatulas included.


    *Radio 1 Breakfast Show sports reporter who does occasional work for Match of the Day and who Ali [York Ali] and I once had a MSN conversation about how we want to be her.


    link | posted by Nic at 7:51 PM |


    6 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:31 PM~  

    I may not watch many other sporting events, but that is basically because nothing beats football in my opinion, every other sport trails in its wake. It's my specialist subject. :-)

    Blogger Nic commented at 11:16 AM~  

    Cool, you can be a footy correspondent to my rugby one! Corinne was crap, I think I might fire her...

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:48 AM~  

    It would have been a GREAT team *sigh* - and don't you still owe mw a wooden spoon for the last lot of fantasy footy?
    And I did get quite into the winter olympics :-)

    Blogger Corinne commented at 12:36 PM~  

    I'm in training for the world cup as I speak (well type)...so be afraid.

    [I am ignoring the slight on my ability as football reporter]

    And yes, Val, I believe that I do owe you a wooden spatula in ND fantasy football tradition...and this being March I might actually be able to get the right people to sign it!

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 12:50 PM~  

    I always get hooked on sporting events, I can watch virtually any sport, except for maybe golf, and ice hockey. sadly my time committment to earning a living/putting food on my table seriously impedes the number of spare hours I have available to sit in front of the tv! :P

    Blogger Nic commented at 7:15 PM~  

    how can you not watch ice hockey?! my [relatively] new plan is to learn to ice skate so i can play ice hockey!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela