Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Monday, August 06, 2007

    Lessons in Life...

    "My tooth hurts" I say to my mum pointing at the offending tooth. "I think I'm getting sympathy pains because M has a toothache too." "Well go and rinse your mouth with salt water for a bit," comes my mum's response. "But how does that help? It's my tooth!" "No, your tooth is hard enamel. It's your gum and salt water will sooth it." "Oh."

    How to Cheer Me Up...
    M gives me a hug. "How are you?" "Fed up. Today was crap. I just want to go home" "Aww my poor baby," M hugs me tighter. There is a pause, "how was the zoo though?" "I smile, "it was good. There was a rockhopper called Mika." "Ooh are rockhopers the one's with hair..." M puts his hand on top of his head. "No. It is by their eyebrows" I put my hands to the side of my face to demonstrate. "And they jump up on rocks." I jump up and down a couple of times for effect. "I'll meet you back here in a minute." "Ok" I say, walking away, cheered up for at least thirty seconds at the memory of the rockhoppers.

    Labels: ,


    link | posted by Nic at 9:19 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela