Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Tuesday, July 10, 2007

    "Irony can be quite funny"

    Yesterday in another incident that proves I should work in HMV, I wandered in there to ask them about their instore gig for The Enemy later that day. They went to go ask someone the answers to my questions, came back, told me the answers and then asked me what band was playing. That person works there with a t-shirt saying staff in capital letters on their back. Surely they should know.
    Anyway, hours later I found myself back there at the back of a crowd waiting for The Enemy to take to the stage and for me to find out if the bass player really is cute.*
    They took to the stage and played four or five songs. They sounded great and reminded me how much I love live music. They launched into Away from Here and I was reminded of how I used to blast it out my iPod wishing that I could be anywhere but where I was. Funny how things change. I give anything to be back there. Well not anything, most things; I mean I wouldn't trade my pirate ship or anything like that.


    *The answer is yes.

    Labels: , , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 8:40 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela