
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 Triangles, Circles and Red Hammers "Oh you're going to see that magician, aren't you? Make sure he doesn't make you disappear..." Yesterday evening Lucy and I went to see Chris Cox's preview of his Edinburgh Fringe show*, Everything Happens for a Reason. It is a reworking of his Edinburgh Fringe show from last year**. It means the ferret is still there and so are the rubbish drawing skills but it also means the cool completely screw with your head tricks are still there too. Though as an aside, I'm not really sure how much of a good idea it is to be throwing a ferret around when there are candles on the table [and they are hot. How do I know this? Because I touched the candle holder and then stated the obvious...] but everything happens for a reason***. If you are going I'd recommend learning the difference between a club and a spade playing card. Or maybe learning how to lie. Or maybe, no just the club and spade thing. And don't say beforehand, oh no I don't like audience participation. You will have to participate. Sitting at the back doesn't work. Honestly, it doesn't. Plus as long as he doesn't make you hold a pen and write with your right hand****, you'll be fine. If you want another reason, maybe go see him just to check if the dvd player works this time. And if I haven't given you enough reasons to go, his voiceover intro is by Colin Murray. Really, that should clinch it. *In case you haven't realised, this is subtext for, if you are going to Edinburgh Fringe, go see him... **Subtext: none of you went to see him last year. Go this year... ***I think that makes plug number three... ****I write with my left hand. All the best people do. Admittedly only left handed people say this, but that does not mean it is not true.
link | posted by Nic at 9:14 PM |
3 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |