Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Saturday, June 30, 2007

    A bit late but I had to pack and was then forced to unpack...

    On Monday it was my last day. N came in after two weeks on holiday in Cyprus during which she clearly forgot all about me. Halfway through the day she announced she didn't know it was my last day, I argued she did then asked if she'd forgotten about my leaving do. "We're going out tomorrow?" She is the one who made me have one and who I made organise it, I yelled in frustration, "useless!" towards her retreating figure. After I explained everything she still didn't remember but said yes she would come. Later she told D that we were doing a leaving speech because I would expect it and also because she forgot.


    Tuesday I wandered down there in the evening ready for my leaving do. N rings and asks where I am, I tell her I am outside; she tells me to bugger off. We go to the pub and D announces that she bets I didn't know I had "all these presents". "All these presents" being two huge bags. No indeed I didn't - a fact that N promptly tells D since N had spun a story to hide this. N then decides she wants to distribute said presents since she spent most of the day wrapping them. I start to open them -
    a Shrek figure - "cool, it can be friends with my Captain Jack and Will Turner figures!"
    Pirates of the Caribbean painting set thing; colour in magnets
    By this point I am already excited. R finds this highly entertaining and tells me I'm "such a child!"
    I continue to open the little wrapped parcels N shoves in my direction.
    earrings - "now I can be girly!"
    sweets - "I picked all the ones I like..." "Good, I like them too!"
    dinosaur sweets - "But I can't eat them, they're dinosaurs!" "Yes you can, they're already extinct."
    Next N hands me a big bag, "open this next!" However the opening is delayed since M chooses this point to spill my pint all over the table and directly onto N's lap.
    After this is sorted, I open the big bag. It is two bags of plastic balls. "Ooooooh" I yell and hug the bag whilst grinning at N. "Right now you need to open this..." She hands me a big box. I think I know where this is going. I open it. It is a pirate ship paddling pool. Now I have a pirate ship ball pool. "Yay!" "Guess who's idea that was?" "J's!!" I yell. It is all very exciting and pretty clear that J and N were in charge of presents.
    I reluctantly put down all my presents and have my dinner.
    "That kid is eyeing up your presents..."


    On Wednesday I text N and inform her that my dad is driving me past on the way home and she should come out and wave. She does. But my dad stops outside so I run towards N and give her a hug. "This is from J," she hands me a piece of paper. I look at it, smile and put it in my pocket. "And this is from me," she holds out a little clear box. "That's a spider!" I yell and step backwards. She moves the box towards me again and I take another step back. "It's a dead spider, don't you want it?" "No!!"
    I decide this is a good moment to go and say one last goodbye to J. I run towards her and give her a hug, and then remember something. I reach into my pocket and pull out a little dinosaur. "Have a present. Don't forget about me!" "Aww. I'm going to name it after you." N takes this moment to join us. "She didn't want her present. How ungrateful." "It's a spider!" I say emphatically hoping she won't put the stupid box near me again. A few more hugs and I run off again towards the car.

    A few minutes later I am sat in the car and my dad is driving off. I look back. It is a very weird feeling; one that I'm not sure I've got over yet.


    In other news I am refusing to call my housemates 'ex-housemates' because it sounds weird and like I'm no longer talking to them or something.

    Labels: , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 5:20 PM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Kirst commented at 4:38 PM~  

    You should come back. I really miss u!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela