Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Sunday, June 24, 2007

    All These Things That I've Done

    It is the early hours of the morning and I am sitting watching Glastonbury coverage, the bright stobe lighting of the stage reflecting on my face as I sit hunched on the chair close to the tv. The Killers are headlining. I hit the volume up. The sound of Mr Brightside fills the room.

    "Coming out of my cage
    And I've been doing just fine"

    Somehow, unlike yesterday's coverage, I don't feel like jumping up and down on the sofa. Instead part of me is transported back to four years ago. The first year of uni. I am in Snobs, which in first year was a regular occurrence. Mr Brightside is blasting out and I am on the dancefloor singing at the top of my voice.

    "Destiny is calling me
    Open up my eager eyes"

    Then we all troop back to Manor House. I walk into the bathroom and try and walk in a straight line along the kitchen tiles in an attempt to use this as a measure of how drunk I am.

    The applause of the Glastonbury crowd eminating from the tv snaps me back to reality. I am here and it's now. And right now, it is the end of an era. Almost everyone has moved out, some of whom I have lived with for four years, I have walked into their room and collapsed on their bed when I was sad, burst into their room when I'm happy, sat outside their room and read from the tv listings because it amused me to wind them up, run around Manor with someone else's keys because at the time it seemed like a good idea, with who I've spent many hours putting the world to rights over many cups of tea and the odd chocolate biscuit. The people that in four days time I can no longer call my housemates.
    "You can call me your ex-housemate..."
    It's not the same. Somehow saying that doesn't sum up those four years. It doesn't even come close. It's going to be like in Friends when all the keys get put on the side. Part of me is sad that this era is ending and I think it's that same part that is actually quite scared for the next era.

    Labels: , ,


    link | posted by Nic at 11:52 AM |


    2 Comments:

    Blogger billygean.co.uk commented at 11:32 PM~  

    Aw, beautiful writing! x

    Blogger Culinali commented at 9:14 AM~  

    I know what you mean. I still haven't got used to not having you around to just wander into your room and chat to / rant to/ cry with/ hug / make noises at/with / collapse on your bed / pose for photos / listen to / laugh with ...you know the rest.

    Miss you babe.
    x

    ps. The TV listings was CLASSIC! Sorry Lucy Lou

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela