
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Sunday, March 19, 2006 You Kendo It
I figured out what it is! It's back. The belief. The belief that I had when Fox was in Eurovision and I truly believed he could win, the belief that Griffin could win Fame Academy, the belief that Wales could really beat France on Saturday that held til the last five minutes of the game along with the belief that England could beat Ireland that also held til the last five minutes of the damn game. My new belief is that JK can win The Games. I know Jade is a strong contender but the belief is nothing to do with logic, in fact it's almost blind belief. I say almost because 'the belief' is essentially founded on something, usually talent, so it's not completely blind. Argh, I sound like I'm writing an essay and I have to argue my point! Today The Games clashed with Planet Earth so I hijacked Kirst's room to watch it; after rendering me her tv she discovered that it also all clashed with The Best of Top Gear, which traumatised her for all of five minutes before she realised she could tape it. However, it meant she then had to put up with my yelling at the tv for an hour whilst having no idea what was going on and deciding instead to watch bunnies sing and re-inact movies on her laptop.
I knew JK wasn't half bad at what I will hereafter call 'stick fighting' yet I had the nerves, a surefire symptom of 'the belief'.Having already ranted to anyone who would listen as to why they were introducing stick fighting rather than a martial art that involved any kind of punching or kicking, I settled down to the hope that since JK had already beaten Peter Duncan in heats, he could do it again. After listening to me yell at the tv during the women's cycling in the hope that Javine wouldn't win, Kirst then had to sit though me yelling for almost all the time JK was fighting. So about two minutes then. And it turns out I was right to believe, he won. Except even I knew that if Jade beat MacPlat'num*, then there was a big chance he would beat JK in the final since he'd done it in the heats already. Yet despite this, it came to the final, and I yelled for the full three minutes, and I believed he could win. And he very nearly did. Yep, the belief is definitely there. Conversation of the Day: Comedy Nik: hopelessly disillusioned and fed up; come on JK! says:Of course then I asked about the new *top secret* DA project and the conversation decended into whether when killing each other, we would use sticks... *Yes I know that's not actually his name, but Longman called him that on the Breakfast Show last week to Kirsty Gallacher and I think it's hilarious so am calling him that from now on.
link | posted by Nic at 10:45 PM |
4 Comments:
Want to Post a Comment? |