
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts
|
Friday, March 17, 2006 "Hutchison's Law: Any occurrence requiring undivided attention will be accompanied by a compelling distraction"
A surefire way to get me to do something is to involve music somehow. This morning I was lying in bed debating how long I could hide under my nice warm duvet before I had to get out of bed and into the cold. Then Chris Moyles played The Feeling's Fill My Little World, which I love even more than Sewn and I literally jumped out of bed in a bid to get across my room to my stereo and the volume control. After that, I had to reluctantly admit I was up, throw on a hoodie and give up on the hiding under the duvet plan.
Since my gym induction on Wednesday, I have been to the gym twice. I'm not sure how long my motivation will last but it is partly due to the fact that I quite enjoy it and also because I discovered I could take my iPod and spend about an hour distracting myself by listening to music. Of course, when I went to the gym today, I was too busy checking I'd be back before The Games started to check what I would miss, so it wasn't until I was actually there that I realised I'd sacraficed watching the legendary dueling match between Matt Dawson and Ally McCoist that is Question of Sport. Ah well, I got to watch it whilst I was waiting for equipment at least. Today Laura and I started off our seminar by discussing distractions from work, the rugby being top of the list but The Games as a close second. At the moment I am being good and not watching the Commonwealth Games but now The Games has started I am going to be hooked to that. I am backing JK because, well he works for Radio 1 and I am nothing if not predictable, but also he stands a good chance. Hopefully today's waterskiing event was a one off and he will do better as the week progresses. The discussion between me and Laura, who is French, ended pretty soon after the question, "Did you watch the French kick your ass on Saturday?"
link | posted by Nic at 10:10 PM |
0 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |