Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Thursday, February 09, 2006

    We're gonna rock down to Electric Avenue

    About a week ago, Rach, Gilly, Lucy and I decided we wanted to go to the Electric Cinema in town. Unfortunately, Gill couldn't come in the end so Rach, Lucy and I found ourselves in town, armed with an A to Z and no real concept of where the cinema was. We walked from New St station, all the way round the back of the Arcadian then past the Hippodrome past O'Neil's [complete with a major flashback of mine and Gayle's JCS adventure] only to discover we were supposed to be on the other side of the main road. At this point I would like to point out I was nowhere near the map for any of this, and also that Corinne and I were able to negociate Stratford without a map so clearly it wasn't me that was the problem... Anyway, so we continued past the posh Holiday Inn and eventually we found it. It must have taken us at least fifteen minutes when we could have done it in about five; though as was pointed out, at least we now know where it is. Upon entering it became apparent that this was a far cry from your typical Odeon and that we were definitely not going to have any idiots behind us talking loudly or any other annoying incidents that happen at cinemas, in fact we felt rather young and only slightly out of place. After the major decision of whether we wanted tortillas or ice cream, we settled down in the comfortable seats to watch the movie, minus trailers.
    I wasn't sure what to make of the movie beforehand, or even what the actual storyline was but I really enjoyed it. I think the general conclusion was that it was really good and also emotional but definitely worth seeing. I really liked the cinema too, so at less than a pound more than normal cinema, though they show less films, we shall definitely be going there more often...
    "I think they change the film every three weeks"
    "We should definitely go start going regularly"
    "So every three weeks then...!"


    link | posted by Nic at 11:39 AM |


    1 Comments:

    Blogger Kirst commented at 12:40 AM~  

    Yay! U did your post! I'd been waiting for it! You have to take me along next time!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela