Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Thursday, February 02, 2006

    In Memoriam

    This morning I was lying in bed debating when I actually planned on getting up and gracing the library with my presence to learn how pramatism and empirism fitted in with my dissertation. As usual the dulcet tones of the Breakfast Show team were filling my room and Dom was reading the news. Then it came, the news that Smash Hits magazine is going to stop. Obviously this is such major news that Chris interrupted to check he'd heard right and Carrie added that she used to get all her lyrics from there.
    Smash Hits
    was one of the things I remember fondly from the 90's. I used to go to school on the tube and get off a couple of stops early to meet friends and whilst I was waiting, I would buy a magazine, either Smash Hits or TOTP. It was where I got all my lyrics from and where I got all my posters from and it was amazing. Now of course there's lots of other random music magazines with stupid names, which are nothing on Smash Hits. The internet has taken over and everyone can get information quicker than the time it takes to go to the shop and buy a magazine. If I want to know more about a band, I go to Google rather than the medium of print.
    The last edition will be February 13th; it is a sad day, not only because it serves as a reminder of the fact that our society is becoming more and more technological and as a reminder of my school days but also because it means Corinne will never get to realise her dream of being the Smash Hits editor.


    link | posted by Nic at 7:31 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela