
|
Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses. |
|
|
- Virginia Woolf I am: ![]() Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star. Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates. Hates buses and being girly. Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. I can't stop listening to: I am reading: Nik's Event Diary: Old Me: I know: I read: Random: Previous Posts |
Wednesday, February 01, 2006 "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." -Mark Twain
I will be the first to admit that I am very easily influenced, sometimes it is a good thing. Radio 1 are currently running a 'Be Fabulous' campaign and all the Breakfast Show team are making pledges on how they're going to exercise/change their diet for the week. Chris and Aled are taking it seriously, Dave thinks that sticking to "the S plan"* and drinking about nineteen pints in the space of week is ok and Rach is off the booze for a month as part of a bet. Following this, at the start of the year I consciously cut back on the alcohol and have consequently drunk it twice since then; one of them was woo woo at the pub in Reading and the other was Rach's house party. I also decided to take full advantage of the fact that the swimming pool is directly opposite our house, a fact which I previously ignored except for the odd occasion when I graced it with my presence. However, because I am easily influenced and because Aled is learning to swim, I have started going swimming three times a week. I can be there, do 30 laps, which is good for now, and be back and in the shower within an hour. Consequently I've got into a routine and an hour of swimming is better than an hour of faffing. Except I still faff and just do less work; I need to find a balance and stop faffing. And also learn that I most certainly cannot work with the radio on.
*Soup, Salad and Cereal.** **See, you don't even need to listen to the show, I'm better than Sky Sports news. Title provided by Gilly.
link | posted by Nic at 11:25 PM |
1 Comments:Want to Post a Comment? |