Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Friday, February 03, 2006

    "Tell me all your secrets, I'll never tell you mine"

    This morning I switched on my computer and then I yelled a lot and decided that since Gill had tagged me there was no getting out of it. So I started doing this meme, then I had to go to a seminar and have been in and out of my house all day, adding bits to this when I've been in. I was going to keep the actual original time but it seems blogger plays stupid when you save a draft entry. You may wonder why I'm telling you this. Well, the problem is, if you didn't believe in the theories of Corinne and I being one person, well you may be one step closer now. I came back from my swim and read Corinne's blog entry; and now I'm worried, to say the least. Even more worried than Corinne was the other day when I told her the song I'd downloaded and why...

    Four jobs I’ve had:

    1. Stewarding at various gigs and cricket and football matches, basically getting to watch gigs and sporting fixtures for free.
    2. Envigilating accountancy exams and being amazed at some of the things people come out with and only a little worried that they will soon be accountants. Assuming they pass.
    3. Telephone operator, possibly the more boring job in the history of the world.
    4. That's it. I can't think of any other jobs I've been paid for.

    Four movies I can watch over and over:

    1. Pirates of the Caribbean. Kirst, Ali and I can quote at least seventy percent of this movie. It's possibly one of the only films I could watch every day for a very long time. Plus the Orlando bit is classic and worth rewinding every time.
    2. Shakespeare In Love, the ultimate feel good movie. Maybe it's because I'm an English student but it always cheers me up. "Was this the face that launched a thousand ships? And burnt the topless towers of Ilium? O Sweet Helen, make me immortal with a kiss."
    3. Shrek 2. I don't actually own this on dvd. But Ali does. Plus the soundtrack is amazing and one of the definitive ones of my summer last year.
    4. Four Weddings & A Funeral, I love the poem and I love Hugh Grant. Also if we're going down that line, I'll add Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. I can marry Hugh Grant and Lucy can marry Colin Firth. Or the American President.

    Four places I have lived:

    1. My house in Wembley.
    2. Manor House in first year.
    3. 223, where I live now in Birmingham.
    4. That's it!

    Four TV shows I love:

    1. Friends, you know you watch a show too much when someone says something and the first thing you think of is a Friends quote. Having said that, ergo is my new favourite word.
    2. Neighbours, the ultimate student programme.
    3. Will & Grace. Just Jack *does hand movements*
    4. Do these have to be modern tv shows? Anja and I were talking about Challenge Aneka today, but I won't say that. I don't like that many tv shows nowadays. Can I say Saved By The Bell? I used to fancy Zak. And indeed still do when I watch the three episodes on my fantabulous dvd.

    Four places I’ve vacationed:

    I've "vacationed" lots of places so I'll just pick four?
    1. Australia - Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Ayers Rock, Alice Springs, Brisbane and Cairns.
    2. New York New York. I can't just say America because I've been to lots of places within America.
    3. S. Africa. The Kruger National Park was one of the most amazing experiences; being that close to wild animals was possibly one of the best moments on the trip.
    4. China. First and only package tour I've ever been on and we all got on really well and had a great time. Except when I fell off the tobogan coming down the mountain *ahem*

    Four of my favorite dishes:

    1. Chocolate fudge cake from Mud.
    2. Cheesy chips. THEY ARE NOT SKANKY!
    3. Lasagne.
    4. Fish and chips. From the chippy. Or from a pier. With lots of vinegar.

    Four sites I visit daily:

    1. Radio 1. It's my homepage. Plus if I didn't, I would miss such gems as this or this. And today I learnt that Wile E Coyote did once catch Roadrunner, after one of his traps backfired and shrunk him to the size of a bug and also discovered Google Fight, both courtesy of Jo Whiley's page.
    2. The blogs I read on a regular basis, even more regularly if they haven't updated in a while, until they do.
    3. Yatpay's Archives, which is JP [Lemmy's best mate]'s site. Isn't Lemmy's hedgehog so cute?! And at some point I am going to have a bit in the writings section.
    4. MediaGuardian. How else would I know that "Radio 1 DJ Colin Murray will take over presenting duties from John Barnes on Channel Five's football coverage" or that "The Terry Wogan and Chris Moyles breakfast shows and Woman's Hour could be among BBC radio output hit by strike action in a dispute about cost-cutting." Incidentally, if the later goes ahead, be prepared for a huge rant.

    Four places I would rather be right now:

    Do you mean a physical places or a place in time, like the past?
    An actual physical place:
    1. Central Park or Times Square, New York
    2. In bed with a cup of tea and a book
    3. Out in York
    4. On the sofa downstairs watching Friends with Kirst and Lucy
    A place in time:
    1. At camp. Or the drive in. Or Lemmy's house. Or Clark.
    2. OFS, Oxford watching Some Sort of Beautiful
    3. At a gig at The Bedford in Balham, preferably with Corinne not on crutches.
    4. New York, at the Nederlander Theatre on Broadway watching Rent

    Five people I am tagging:

    No one because it is mean and I am feeling rebelious so no, I am refusing to tag anyone...plus Gill tagged everyone already.


    link | posted by Nic at 6:39 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela