Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Sunday, January 29, 2006

    Wine and Chips

    "Shall we go open this then?"
    "But you can't, you're drinking the llama!"
    "Yes, but if we don't drink it then the llama can't get funky"

    Yesterday was Rach's house party. In other words, it was, what I thought would be, a game of how many people can we fit in Rach's mansion, and trust me, it's a seven bedroom house, it is a mansion. However, it soon became how many people can we fit in the kitchen, since we discovered the lounge was full of cheerleaders and footballers so we weren't about to venture in there, especially since we were in such close proximity to the majority of the alcohol; and at the beginning of the evening, the dolly mixtures. It was a really good night, even if we all did only talk to each other all night, mainly because when we ventured to talk to someone we didn't know, well it didn't end well. It resulted in the aforementioned idiot deciding that Mike was making a pass at Lucy because he was putting a cup on her head, which is obviously crap but did end up as one long running joke of the evening. Eventually, when there was no alcohol left, we decided to leave and go to KebabLand before it shut. On our way, we spotted a random man lying on the pavement so we stopped jumping around/complaining it was cold/hoping KebabLand was still open and went over to check he was ok. It took less than a minute to realise he really wasn't ok and there was a voice eminating from a phone clasped to the man's chest asking where he was. Lucy took the phone and managed to tell the other end of the phone, who turned out to be his girlfriend where he was, only to have the man yelling - though slurring may be a better word - that he was on a completely different road which is at least a mile away from where he actually was. Five minutes later, after establishing that we couldn't understand what he said his name was and that he didn't want to be put in the recovery position despite lying on a downhill slope, a landrover pulled up and carted him off and we went hopping, skipping and running to KebabLand, which was still open. And just because...
    "It's so cold in here! Why is the door open? I can see my breath!"
    "Your breath is hot because you're eating. I can see the chips' breath..."




    I had a really great time; I can't wait til next year.


    link | posted by Nic at 12:20 PM |


    0 Comments:

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela