Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Sunday, December 11, 2005

    You're faking a smile with the coffee to go

    Everyone gets hit* with obstacles and challenges in life. I think the last major one was over the summer. It resulted, eventually, with about four hours of crying and eventually hiding out in one of the cabins furthest out. It resulted in a note in OJ's pigeon hole telling her I was having a mental breakdown and she'd better come and find me. And find me she did. Sometime over the summer a part of me realised that talking to people about the inner workings of the mind of Nik**** does make me feel better. It also made me realise that something that seemed a throw away comment to one person was completely different when eventually, if at all, told to the person the comment was about. Yet despite this recently gained knowledge, I still find it really hard to talk to people. It's so much easier to just nod and 'smile' when someone asks if you're ok and then hide in your room for a day or go for a walk at three in the morning for two hours just to get out of the house. It's a conundrum really, I mean if you're faced with a situation where you could do the best thing by you or the best thing by one of your closest friends, what do you do? What if the answers clash? What if you just think you're being stupid? It is always easier to ignore something, hide it under the bed and forget it exists but eventually someone will look under the bed. Sometimes you are so busy trying to hide something under the bed that you don't notice the person behind you checking you're ok or trying to give you a hug. That person behind you is the person who stops you going into self destruct mode, or at least tries to get you out of it. That person is the person who I appreciate caring, ignoring me when I say I don't want to talk and assuring me that it's not stupid even if I think it is.
    Finally I know everything will be ok, not just because I wish so much that it would be, but also because I am surrounded by people who care and who I love to bits for that. It just takes a bit of reminding of this now and again.


    *Not literally, obviously.**
    **Well unless you're playing kickball.***
    ***Or some other ball related game.
    ****Yes Cat, third person...


    link | posted by Nic at 3:17 AM |


    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous commented at 12:26 PM~  

    yay! *millions of hugs*

    Your situation isn't stupid. mine is - I just bleached the bathroom and then bit my nail and now my mouth has gone numb from bleach ...

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela