Because everyone needs a blog, apparently. Personally I think everyone needs a pair of Converses.

"We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."
- Virginia Woolf


I am:

Nic, 22, English graduate and wannabe rock star.
Loves Starbucks, dinosaurs, penguins, guitars and pirates.
Hates buses and being girly.


E-Mail

Radio 1's Big Weekend blog entries
V Festival: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.



I can't stop listening to:
  • Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
  • Foo Fighters - All My Life
  • The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
  • The Wombats - Let's Dance to Joy Division

  • Hairspray (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Various Artists


  • I am reading:
  • Rupert Everett - Red Carpets and Other Banana Skins
  • Ian McEwan - Saturday
  • [As an aside do you think if I lived in Borders, they would give me free books?]

    Nik's Event Diary:
  • 28th September - 13th October - Trip to America without the use of a time machine.
  • 5th November - The Fray @ Hammersmith Apollo
  • 1st Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Sheffield Arena
  • 6th Dec - McFly Greatest Hits Tour @ Wembley Arena

  • Old Me:
  • Confessions of a Bingo Dirtbag
  • Nothing More Than Me

  • I know:
  • About A Burke
  • A Vacant Mind
  • Confessions of a Theatre Snob
  • Distant Aggravation
  • Life of Jembie
  • The wonderful world of babble
  • www.billygean.co.uk

  • I read:
  • Aled Haydn Jones
  • Dooce
  • Little Red Boat
  • JonnyB's private secret diary
  • The Chris Moyles Show blog


  • Random:
  • Chris Cox
  • Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Team
  • Liverpool FC

    Previous Posts
  • Wednesday, December 07, 2005

    You have one new message

    When you find a missed call on your phone with no number, what do you think? I could start a guessing game for my own amusement but I am going out tonight and am supposed to have already left the house...

    Whatever you think, it's wrong. It was from Radio 1.


    link | posted by Nic at 8:22 PM |


    4 Comments:

    Blogger Jen commented at 9:09 AM~  

    Oooh Tell us more.......Did you win a DAB radio??????

    Blogger Nic commented at 3:30 PM~  

    No. I requested something for their show on the weekend. So they rang me back today and I had to do a pre-record basically bigging up One Big Weekend and why I made the request and they are going to play it and then play Foo Fighters - Everlong.

    Blogger Corinne commented at 9:57 AM~  

    Ooooo, that's fab. And great song choice too.

    And whilst we're on Radio One can I say that I love Comedy Dave even more as he used my word of the month - 'nobble' - yesterday morning.

    Blogger Nic commented at 5:00 PM~  

    Aww. I do love Comedy Dave, full stop. And Aled. Though Chris and Aled completely confused me this morning with all the technical talk about DAB and FM radio. Bonus points to some bloke who text in saying, but what about the flux capacitor?!

    Want to Post a Comment?

    powered by Blogger | designed by mela